Sunday, March 5, 2023

P5 Path to Purpose

 A few weeks back, I was listening to a podcast which talked about the difference between purpose and goals in one's life. I have been musing over it since then to find purpose in my life. Finally, I came up with a flow or algorithm which I think might help one to find a purpose in life. Of course, I am not going to talk about grand purposes like saving the earth and stuff. If that happens, it happens. 

I think, for a normal person purpose can have many facets. Facets which one thinks may make one happy. Facets, that may contribute one to have a meaningful life. Here are the five I found for myself. I think it kind of captures it for most people (especially those from the orient). 

P1. Parents: This came up pretty high up in my list. Being able to be there for my parents would make me feel satisfied and happy, for sure. 

P2. Partnership: This was also very important for me. Partnership both in terms of good friends and companies as well as a romantic partner. 

P3. Passion: I do not want to be one of those guys who look forward to weekends! I want to do things I feel passionate about so that I feel relaxed by working on them.

P4. Payment: Of course, I need a decent regular income. My needs are few. So my payment desires are mediocre!

P5. Place: Place matters a lot as well. A place with easy access to nature. A place where one does not have to face unkind people on a daily basis. A place that works.

To be clear, these are not the purpose of my life. These are enablers. These enable one to see the path to purpose with clarity.







No comments:

Post a Comment